Monday, January 7, 2008

a newborn baby blog!

Tomorrow at 9pm I will board a nonstop flight from New York City to Madrid.

I'm all packed, having narrowed down my wardrobe to a "few" "essential" pieces (which translates to about twenty dresses, eleven pairs of shoes, a handful of tshirts, six pairs of the same jeans in different washes, and about half of my underwear collection). I have ziplocks filled with accessories (snack-size for necklaces, sandwich-size for bobby pins and hair ties, and a gallon full of bracelets), and one small box of my most favorite trinkets (baby Nais, answer feather, dikdik, cheetah, and a dream catcher). My carry-on has three plane letters/presents waiting to be opened and a snakiepoos hanging out the side. I finally fixed a hole on one of my sweaters and sewed the strap back onto my weekender. I said goodbye to Cuddles (my giant stuffed dog) and have come to terms with the fact that, despite my wishful thinking, there is no possible way to smuggle a bunny into Spain. Now all that I have left to do is replace a button, decide what to wear on my flight, buy a new digital camera (?!), and I'll be set to go!

If you think I like you enough to send you a postcard email me your address (amanda.veraldi@gmail.com) and if you truly love me you can call or text me to say goodbye and "buena suerte!" (see how good I am at Spanish?!) sometime between now and tomorrow night.

Leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again...for real.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this blog makes me cry. i miss you so much. i forgot to tell you that i met a girl named mary-kate last night but she was not nearly half as cool as the real mary kate or YOU for that matter.... i miss you terribly. but when we talk via skype and i see you via webcame i will be the happiest girl in the world. when you get a mailing address, please send it to me as soon as you can.

whenever you are sad just look at baby nais because she is never sad. i love you manda.