Thursday, January 17, 2008

mis clases

The first week of classes is officially over!

Until my classes at Autonoma start, my schedule looks like this on Mondays and Wednesdays:

10:45-12:05 - Arte en los museos de Madrid (Art in the Museums of Madrid)
12:15-1:35 - Novela espanola contemporanea (The Contemporary Spanish Novel)
*home for lunch*
4:00-5:20 - Historia de la cultura espanola (History of the Spanish Culture)
5:40-7:00 - Traduccion a traves del cine y del teatro (Translation through film and theater)

So although my Mondays and Wednesdays are a bit lengthy, it's nice to have Tuesdays and Thursdays completely free...at least until the Autonoma decides to start ruining my life. The Instituto is about a 20 minute walk from my house so I think I'll return home for lunch most days if I can. For my Art in the Museums of Madrid class we'll be taking a trip to the Prado museum every other week which I'm very excited about.

Some pictures!


pretty building at night



some buildings I walk by on my home from lunch



Parque del Retiro



no explanation needed



Instituto Internacional



missing nais



missing lizzle


Today Jess, Maya, Vera and I are going to check out an exhibit on Andy Warhol that has been up for a while but is ending this weekend. I hope to stock up on postcards today so if you're lucky enough to be receiving one look for it soon!!


No comments: