Friday, January 11, 2008

I made it!

Hello from Madrid!! Things are good, the city is beautiful and the people are great. For the past couple days I've been a hotel with everyone from my program. We've had a couple meetings over at the Instituto Internacional where I'll be taking three of my classes. Today we got our home stay assignments and it looks like mine will be great. It's an older woman and her 32 year old son and they have a dog which is fantastic. I can't wait to cuddle it! Another girl from my program is going to be living with me as well so that will be fun!


waking up on the plane to my first Spanish sunrise



apparently you can't call them Coronas because there's another company named Corona in Spain so the name was changed to Coronita...so cud.



one of the many "Irish Pubs"...I obviously call this one Cannon's.



inside the Instituto Internacional



outside view of the Instituto Internacional


the metro stop for Instituto



pretty : )



our hotel



my first churros con chocolate!



the "Chocolateria" where I went...it's been open since 1894!


more photos later and deets about my new home after I move in tomorrow!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Amanda,
You don't know me but this sure brings back memories. I was a student there back in '88. Same metro, same instituto, same churros! :-)Enjoy your time there. It was great for me! Thanks for the memories!!!
AM