Tuesday, April 1, 2008

mom and Dana visit!

Last week I was lucky enough to have my mommy and Dana visit me! My mom arrived Sunday morning (and I proceeded to abandon her at the airport for an hour...oops!) and Dana came in on Wednesday. I tried my best to show them my favorite parts of Madrid. We visited the museum trio, walked through Retiro park, wandered through all the major Plazas, breakfasted daily at Cafe Comercial, and took some siestas. On Thursday we took a train to Sevilla so I could continue my love-affair with the southern city. We climbed the Giralda, tiptoed through the Cathedral, frolicked in the Alcazar, watched flamenco at La Carboneria, and zig-ziggy-ando-ed our way through the streets, total Ray Green style. Now for the important part: photos. Out of order because I'm too lazy to rearrange.


bebe seahorse at rastro
unfortunately it wasn't big enough for Dana's holey leather pouch...she ended up buying a crystal instead. and i got a Moroccan leather bag for two euro!



sister selfy at La Manuela



on the look out for Maya and her familia in Sevilla
our families got to meet for about ten minutes in Sevilla! a true hermana reunion.



omg Miley! (aka me in the Giralda)



probably one of the best photos of the trip.
also important to note that i literally pushed my mom up half of the ramps



ceramics in Triana
I bought two pretty bowls and a little bunny tile...the bowls fell on my head while I was in my closet and broke. go me!!



Cathedral at night
walking home to our hotel after a night of casting demon spells on grumpy geezers, Flamenco dancing, and a little too much sangria for mom



Calle Dos Hermanas : )



Flamenco at La Carboneria
props to Sam Thompson for recommending this place!



sky shot at Alcazar



self-timed selfy!!



mom contemplates life. dana contemplates mom.



the garden grounds



walking from Sol to the Thyssen



pretty Flamenco dresses



our cake and our trivial pursuit!
mom won...duh.



tres cafes con leche on our first day in Sevilla



feast!!

No comments: